We are proud to offer aesthetic services such as Botox, Dysport, Restylane, Voluma, Radiesse, Sculptra injections, medical-grade skin care products, vitamins, nutritional supplements.
Botox, Dysport and Sculptra
What is it and is it safe?
- Some people associate the word “Botox” with the word “toxin” fearing that the body will be poisoned by it.
It is correct that Botulinum A Toxin was first discovered in association with a deadly disease Botulism more than 100 years ago. Since then it was studied and purified in the laboratory. Precise dosing and guidelines were developed as to how to use it.
In 1987 it became available commercially for cosmetic use. It has been FDA Approved for treatment of frown lines, horizontal wrinkles on the forehead and so called “laugh” lines around the eyes.
- In 2009 FDA approved Dysport, another version of Botulinum Toxin as effective and safe as Botox.
Millions of people have been injected with Botox for a variety of medical conditions, some of which include muscle spasm and headaches. When used properly, it is safe and effective and requires no “down time.” It is truly a “lunch time procedure,” which fits well into the lives of individuals trying to balance the ongoing responsibilities of family, friends, and a career.
How does Botox/Dysport work?
When injected into a muscle it causes weakness or paresis of that muscle. The skin overlying the muscle becomes softened and relaxed.
How long does it last?
In most people the effect lasts 3-4 months. Some individuals report effect as long as 6-12 months after injection.
When will I see the results?
The effect of Botulinum A Toxin begins to appear in 2-6 days, peaks in 1-4 weeks and gradually declines after 3-4 months.
Fillers (Perlane, Restylane, Radiesse)
- Perlane and Restylane are Hyaluronic Acid (HA) products. HA is a naturally occurring substance in the human body. Native HA helps maintain structure, create volume, lubricate. Radiesse is Calcium Hydroxylapatite, which is a substance similar to bone. As we age, our skin starts losing elasticity, water content, and structural support. Fillers help restore these elements where they are needed most: nasolabial folds (from the nose to the corners of the mouth), Marionette lines (from the corners of the mouth down towards the chin), the mid-face (cheek bone area), and around the mouth and lips.
- Restylane is indicated for lip augmentation and contouring. Both materials are gradually absorbed, with a cosmetic result that lasts 3-4 months after initial treatment. It lasts longer after repeated injections, up to 12 months.
- Perlane and Radiesse are indicated for moderate folds and wrinkles of the nasolabial folds, Marionette lines, mid-face/cheek bone area) Results last anywhere from 6-18 months, depending on the product. Subsequent treatments, when performed with appropriate timing, often require less product than the initial treatment.
Do I have to miss work?
Not really. Immediately after your procedure, it is normal to experience some swelling and tenderness which may last 2-3 days. Some bruising may occur as well, which usually resolves within 1 week. Makeup can be applied the following day. It is recommended to stop taking any anti-inflammatory medications such as aspirin and advil, as well as certain vitamins such as vitamin E, garlic, and gingko, for 1 week prior to the procedure to minimize the risk of bruising.
How many syringes do I need?
Each face is unique. We recommend a complimentary aesthetic consultation to determine your specific needs.
Is it painful?
Since these products are injected under your skin, there is some pain associated with the procedure. We discuss pain management during your consultation. The options include topic anesthetics (creams), a dental block, similar to when having dental work, which completely numbs the area of treatment, and mixing a small amount of anesthetic with the fillers.
When do I see results?
“I am so pleased with my results! Thank you Dr. Remenson for my Radiesse injections, which were painless because of your gentle hand. I am in my 50s and now thanks to you i feel 10 years younger. My friends and family don’t quite know what it is about my face that is different but I love the compliments. All of them. The most wonderful feeling to me is looking in the mirror and liking what I see. No more wrinkles!! Beautiful results!”
“Dear Dr. Remenson,
Last January I went through a very difficult time in my life. My husband left me. My life fell apart. The pain that I carried showed in my face , I aged so much, I looked very tired. After getting my life back to Me I met you. You gave me a treatment of Botox and Fillers on my face. Everybody that sees me tells me how young and refreshed I look! I have men in their 20s and 30s asking me out! Too young for me. I am 48! I feel great, my spirits are up high!
Thank you so much! This did change my life! Life goes on! I am young again!”
“Dear Dr. Remenson,
I cannot thank you enough for suggesting Radiesse injections to smooth out the age lines on my face. I hated those wrinkles with passion, but I would never have considered a surgical facelift. This was a wonderful alternative. Your very thorough explanation of the procedure before and during the treatment (and especially your gentle touch) made the experience almost painless.
And now, each day I look in the mirror, I am more excited and thrilled with the results! My husband constantly admires the change and tells me I look 10 years younger…At 71, that’s a complement!
I would highly recommend YOU and your Practice to everyone who wants to improve their appearance! I continue to admire you as my personal Doctor, and now you are my Secret Weapon Against Aging Doctor! Thank you again for making me look and feel so much younger.”